It’s almost time to wrap up 2016 and welcome in the new year. As I get older it seems as though the years swoosh by faster than ever and I am sure 2017 will be no different.
2016 was filled with life changing events, exciting new discoveries as well as a few challenges I had to overcome. All in all, I say it was a pretty good year.
During the last 2016 Green Transformation Update, I had a few more goals to check off of my list.
Remaining goals for 2016
Nix the microwave – this one is going to be tuff. I admit I’m procrastinating.
Replace all water bottles with aluminum – More from http://www.swellbottle.com : )
75% Veggies 25% meat (herbivores here I come!!) This one is a given!
Water filtration system – More research needed until I can commit to one system.
More garden, less grocery store – this is another one that has been frustrating. Crossing my fingers that the box garden works this fall!!!
Composting – since my garden died of fungus, I will rely on compose for my future box garden to provide the nutrients most veggies need to thrive.
And here is where I ended up with my 2016 list of accomplishments.
- Nix the microwave – 10 points Microwave, 0 points ME : ( I know, so sad. But…I will continue to reduce the use of my Microwave in 2017.
- Replace all water bottles with aluminum – Done : )
- 75% Veggies 25% meat – Done!! Feeling awesome about this one!!!
- Water filtration system – More research still needed and some $$. This home appliance is essential and will save money in the long run, so I plan on moving this into 2017.
- More garden, less grocery store – Box Garden is producing : ) But it is to small to sustain my entire family. So I supplement it with the best Non-GMO, Organic produce I can find.
- Composting – Fall Box Garden is a hit! Thank Goodness, because the only thing I got out of composting was a container filled with MAGGOTS!! TONS!! Yes, I am still feeling squeamish after discovering them……sooooo grosssss!
What is 2017 going to look like!! 2017 is all about detoxing and removing chemicals out of any environment which I can control.
- Reduce the amount of cleaning chemicals used throughout the home.
- Reduce the amount of allergens within the home
- Exchange old Teflon type pots and pans for stainless steel, ceramic and glass
- Clean up the laundry : )
- Discover and create more veggie friendly receipts
- Learn more about these pesky GMO’s
- Exercise routines that distress
- Finding inspiration through others
- What to do with this pallet???? Herbs, veggies or flowers?? We shall see!!